At the beginning of the XIX century Ulldecona is a village of a certain importance within the closest territorial framework, fortified town with walls, four convents, five churches and impressive stone buildings, Ulldecona has always been a basic communication nucleus between Catalonia and Valencia. In ancient times, the Roman Via Augusta passed through its municipality. Just as an example, Ulldecona was the first village of the Montsià region with its own philatelic mark since 1834. Its inhabitants participated in the independence war against Napoleon´s troops and Ulldecona was an important Carlist town.
The second half of the 19th century correspond to its modernization, the arrival of the railway with the opening of the station in 1867, the demolition of the wall and the plaza tower will determinate the town evolution.
Once the train station and its services and facilities (hangars, platforms, stores etc…) were fully urbanized, the used lands were auctioned by the Town Hall. During this first expansion area of Ulldecona, factories, warehouses and transport companies were settled.